Alice&Bob is taking up the challenge of building a universal quantum computer, from the first building block to the whole machine. We are an ambitious team pursuing the dream of harnessing the computational power of quantum mechanics. Come and join us on this extraordinary quest!
The company is located in Paris, France. The quantum computer we envision building is based on a new kind of superconducting qubit developed by Alice & Bob and its academic partners : the Schrödinger cat qubit. The crux of this qubit is its ability to implement quantum error correction autonomously. More precisely, we demonstrated experimentally that bit-flip errors are suppressed exponentially with the number of photons in the cat qubit . In a recent experiment, we pushed the bit-flip time above 100 seconds , that is an improvement of 4 orders of magnitude compared to the state-of-the-art ! Suppressing bit-flips at the hardware level considerably simplifies quantum error correction . As a quantum physicist at Alice & Bob, you will be on the frontline designing and controlling our cutting-edge qubit experiments.
If you are a tech explorer, craving to challenge yourself and make quantum computing come true, come and join us!
 Lescanne et al., Nature Physics 16, 509 (2020)
 Berdou et al., arXiv:2204.09128 (2022)
 Guillaud et al., Phys. Rev. X 9, 041053 (2019)
- Experimental PhD and/or postdoc in the field of superconducting quantum circuits;
- Strong skills in microwave control and measurement of superconducting quantum circuits;
- Ability to perform in-depth data analysis and comparison to theory or numerical simulations;
- Experience in circuit design and simulation is an asset;
- Experience in quantum gate design and benchmarking is an asset;
- Experience in quantum error correction protocols is an asset;
- Experience in nanofabrication is an asset.
- Seeking excellence and thrilled by the challenge;
- Initiative and innovation;
- Rigor when it comes to reporting and ability to make data driven decisions;
- Team-spirit, information sharing and curiousness of others’ work.
This is a meaningful position: you’ll support our team in their engagement to build the first universal quantum computer!
- You will be part of one of the most innovative startups in France
- Multiple benefits (competitive health benefits, etc…), parental benetifs, internal events, etc..
- Our team is passionate and involved in its daily missions. We love to share, learn from one another on each others area of expertise.
- You will have the opportunity to innovate and develop new ideas!
- Join our company at an early stage, an opportunity for future growth!
- You will have the opportunity to work in an open-minded and friendly environment!
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.linkedin.com.