We are seeking a scientist to join our proteomics group based at our Toulouse site with a strong expertise in mass spectrometry (MS) and quantitative proteomics. This role is a laboratory-based position within the proteome screening team of the Translational Proteomics and Metabolomics department. The candidate is expected to work effectively in a highly collaborative matrixed environment and interface with mass-spectrometrists, biologists and bioinformaticians within our teams in Toulouse and Munich (Germany). She/he should be a highly motivated, creative scientist with extensive expertise and track record of success in protein biochemistry and MS-based proteomics. Experience with high-resolution mass spectrometers such as the Q Exactive class (Thermo Fischer) and/or the timsTOF (Bruker) instruments is required. The candidate should also have extensive knowledge of analytical software for the processing and interpretation of quantitative mass spectrometry data, familiarity with programming languages and database software being a plus. The candidate will work closely with the scientist in charge of the proteomics team to expand current capabilities of sample processing, LC/MS operation, and data analysis. Preference will be given to candidates
Missions and responsibilities :
- Plan and execute large-scale proteomics studies, MS measurements, quantitative MS data analysis and interpretation.
- Operate high-resolution MS instruments.
- Develop and implement state-of-the-art mass spectrometry-based analytical methods to characterize differential proteins expression (control Vs treated cells), post-translational modifications of proteins and protein-ligand complexes.
- Proactively evaluate new MS technologies and automatized sample preparation workflows.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving, excellent organization and communication.
- Capacity to work/interact in a multidisciplinary environment (Biologists, Proteomists, bioinformaticians).
- Provide leadership to successfully achieve operational tasks.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience in global proteomics analysis using high-resolution mass-spectrometers.
- Experience in proteomics data analysis.
- Hands on experience with data-independent acquisition methods is a plus.
- Experience with MS-based labelling quantitative approaches (SILAC) is a plus.
- Experience with automation applied to sample preparation and sample analysis is a plus.
- Scientific rigor and excellent analytical capabilities.
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients.
- Dynamic personality with passion for innovation in proteomics applied to drug discovery.
- Fluent English, a commitment to master French language in a timely manner is expected
Experience And Education
- Master degree in biochemistry, biology or related field with background in protein and peptide mass spectrometry.
- 2-3+ years of research experience in mass spectrometry-based proteomics technology in the private sector or academia.
- Solid hands-on expertise in quantitative proteomics using data dependent or independent acquisition methods and MS data analysis using dedicated software (i.e. MaxQuant and/or Spectronaut and/or DIA-NN) and appropriate statistical methods.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to supervise technicians or willing to grow such skill.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
FR : Dans le cadre de sa politique Diversité, Evotec étudie, à compétences égales, toutes les candidatures dont celles des personnes en situation de handicap.
ENG : In the frame of our Diversity policy, Evotec considers, with equal competences, all applications including people with disabilities.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.linkedin.com.