Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose—we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress—is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
- As a member of the Novecare Process and technology team, a part of the European Technology center, you will manage a team of technicians working on innovation products development for the Novecare global business unit of Solvay.
- In this role, you will design and develop innovative solutions that are technically adapted to the needs of your customers (internal and external), which are economically and industrially viable and in line with the Group’s Sustainable Development policy, resulting in the commercialization of new products to contribute to the Novecare growth.
We count on you for:
- Designing and developing innovative solutions that are technically adapted to customer needs and are economically and industrially viable, resulting in the commercialization of new products.
- Leading and participating in laboratory experiments, pilot trials, and plant trials with a team of technicians.
- Reviewing and analyzing experimental results and issuing detailed reports.
- Participating in cross-functional project teams to implement new solutions that meet technical, quality, and economic needs.
- Proposing new ideas of innovative adjacent products and/or processes in close collaboration with Novecare business markets.
- Demonstrating proof of concept of newly proposed solutions at the laboratory scale.
- Keeping up-to-date with the state of the art in the domain of organic chemistry, green chemistry, and catalysis and proposing innovative solutions.
- Bringing support in organic chemistry to other technology teams.
- Ensuring the efficient and continuous improvement of laboratory operations.
- Following and enforcing environment, health, and safety guidelines and ensuring proper housekeeping.
- Developing your team members by providing support for their development and growth.
- Ensuring the correct supervision of new arrivals in the team, including temps, students, and new technicians.
- Training and coaching colleagues within your own domain/expertise.
We can count on us for:
- Providing a challenging and dynamic work environment where you will have the opportunity to make a real impact on Novecare’s growth.
- Ensuring a culture of innovation and teamwork, where you will have the opportunity to collaborate with experts in various fields both within and outside the group.
- Supporting your professional growth and development through training programs and performance development reviews.
You will bring:
- Engineer with a PhD degree in organic chemistry
- 5 years experience in an industrial context is highly preferred
- Your excellent knowledge in industrial organic chemistry and catalysis.
- Your ability to manage projects from ideation to development phase.
- Your ability to quickly analyze data and propose feasible solutions.
- Your strong open-mindedness and ability to effectively create a technical network with key expertise within the group and with external partners.
- Your curiosity and desire to acquire knowledge in technical fields outside of your core competencies.
- Your strong communication skills, both written and oral, in an international and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Your creative, leadership, and passion.
- Your obsession for customers and making things happen.
- Your proficiency in English and French.
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
- Training platform for all employees
- Free language courses (24 languages available)
- Solvay Shares Plan
- Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
- Location(s): Aubervilliers
- Travel up to 40% of the time including internationally as required
- Hybrid working (working from home once a week)
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.linkedin.com.