Department: Customer Solutions
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: FR – France
DescriptionAt Bionano, we are committed to unlocking understanding of genome biology to advance the promise of genomics in areas including cancer and human disease, agricultural bioengineering and genome discovery. Our optical genome mapping and analysis tools help researchers see true genome structure to fill in what’s missing from sequencing-based data.At Bionano, we are invested in the success of our customers and users around the world, and are dedicated to supporting them with the tools, resources and support they need to achieve their goals and make a real impact on improving quality of life for all.
Summary, Primary Duties, Skills And Experience
Summary:We are looking for a dedicated Field Application Scientist located in France, preferably Paris, to support our customer in Europe and our distributors in EMEA. The Field Application Scientist is a dedicated customer-facing role with responsibility for providing scientific application support for new and existing Bionano Genomics customers, including clinical research.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide onsite and online customer training for Bionano Genomics products and whole workflow sample to analysis.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to use Bionano Genomics products in their laboratories successfully.
- Assess customer experimental needs and provide technical and applications assistance on an ongoing basis.
- Timely and effective problem solving with focus on customer success and satisfaction.
- Keep current on scientific and industry knowledge to provide best-in-class support and service to customer base.
- Provides key feedback to internal marketing and technical teams on user adoption, challenges, and competitive activity in the field.
- Provide timely flow of business and technical updates to and from Bionano Genomics.
- Accurate and timely recording of customers’ trainings, inquiries and complaints using Bionano Genomic’s Customer Relationship Management system.
- Practical experience and in-depth knowledge of molecular biology techniques, sequencing, cytogenetics and genomics methods, preferably gained in a clinical or clinical research lab environment.
- Experience with analysis of human genetics data, including structural variation and familiarity with data analysis software.
- Ability to train others on wet lab, instrumentation and data analysis software.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills with the ability to quickly hone requirements for addressing customer needs.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team while remaining capable of performing independently.
- Ability to provide support to our customers during their working hours (EMEA region).
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 50% of the time on average (overnight travel).
- Must live at reasonable driving distance from an international airport (within 2 hours / 150km).
- Clean and Valid European driving license.
- Must be fluent in French, other European languages will be a plus.
Skills & Education:
- Masters or PhD degree in biological sciences with minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related field.
- Previous experience in a direct external customer support or customer training role in the Life Sciences industry is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Bionano does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The People and Culture team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.Bionano is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.
Pour postuler à cette offre d’emploi veuillez visiter www.linkedin.com.